Friends of St.James' Park
Welcome to the Friends of St.James' Park website!
|Mon 10 Mar||Job Club|
|Wed 12 Mar||Gardening Team|
|Sat 15 Mar||Teddy Tennis|
|Mon 17 Mar||Job Club|
|Sat 22 Mar||Teddy Tennis|
|Wed 26 Mar||Gardening Team|
|See Calendar page for more|
|Click here for Latest News|
Updated: 3rd March 2014
COMMUNITY GAMES 2014
Community Games is a national initiative, inspired by the London 2012 Olympic Games, to bring the local community together to take part in sporting and cultural activities.
FoSJP is planning a Community Games event in St.James' Park in Summer 2014, with help from the Southampton City District Scouts, and we want everyone in our community to be a part of it - whether it's volunteering, helping plan events, taking part, or just turning up and supporting it!
The Community Games event will be held on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th July 2014, and is our way celebrating the success of St.James' Park and what has been achieved by all the past and current FoSJP and ParkLife volunteers and staff.
Update, 3rd March...
We had our first planning meeting for the Community Games event on Monday 3rd March in the ParkLife Community Room to discuss the way forward.
We're still in the planning stages and we're still looking for people to be involved so if you'd like to know more, feel free to contact our Community Volunteer Coordinator, Marina Murphy, via email@example.com.
|We're very pleased to report that Jade Ashley has come on board to help. She was a Volunteer Ambassador at the London 2012 Olympic Games and is keen to share her knowledge and time with us.|
Your Opinion Counts!
To kick off the fun, ParkLife staged two Open Sessions at the ParkLife Café to provide more information, to talk about what can be done, and to discuss how everyone can help, on Tuesday 21st and Saturday 25th January.
If you weren't able to make either of the Open Sessions, we'd still love to hear from you!
Click on the icon, right, to see a questionnaire. You can either get back to us by email (address below), or print it, complete it, and drop it in at the ParkLife Café during opening hours.
|For more information about the Community Games, please call ParkLife on 023 8077 9763 or email them via firstname.lastname@example.org.|
A Swift Review of 2013 at St.James' Park...
- New weekly clubs started in the Community Room, with the ParkLife Job Club every Monday and the Learn 2 Love Learning club every Tuesday. The Community Room has also been used for courses such as Arts & Crafts, Food Safety, Emergency First Aid at Work, and for educational workshops.
- Towards the end of the year, new monthly events started, with Crafty Saturday and the Bike Doctor on the first and second Saturdays of each month, due to continue into the New Year.
- Regular events have continued, with Teddy Tennis every Saturday, and the FoSJP Gardening Team, holding sessions on two Wednesdays every month, have notched up almost two years of sterling work looking after the planting and environment in the Park.
- FoSJP and its partners arranged a number of special events in the Park such as an Easter Trail, Plant Party in the Park with a Wildflower Walk & Talk, Sports in the Park, and EU Art in the Park. The FoSJP History Research Group presented another Autumn series of public history talks, and continued working with the Shirley Schools on their Centenary project.
- And last but by no means least, St.James' Park was awarded second place in the National Lottery Awards - Environment category!
|Keep an eye on our Latest News section on this page, and our regularly updated Calendar and News pages, to keep track of all that's happening at St.James' Park. Also check the noticeboards at St.James' Park - by the SE and NW Entrances and outside the ParkLife Café.|
Updated: 8th March 2014
FoSJP ran another FREE craft session for children on 1st March - the next is on Saturday 5th April.
|Bike Doctor at the Park
Another bicycle maintenance session took place on Saturday 8th March - the next is Saturday 12th April.
FoSJP is organising a musical event and an Easter Trail over Easter, Friday 18th to Monday 21st April.
|Parents' First Aid
The Coxford & District Youth Project is running a Parents' Emotional First Aid Course during April to June.
A planning meeting for this summer's Community Games was held on Monday 3rd March.
|Oral History Project
The Oral History Project had a meeting at the ParkLife Community Room on Saturday 1st March.
|Early Bird Special
The ParkLife Café is now offering an Early Bird Special on Mondays to Fridays up to 11.00am.
FoSJP is after volunteers to run a Tuck Shop at St.James' Park after school and during school holidays.
We now have a report and gallery from the Edwardian Photography Studio on Saturday 8th February.
|Anyone for Tennis?
FoSJP now has rackets and balls that you can borrow for playing tennis on the courts at St.James' Park.
|Visit our News page to catch up on news and events in and around the Park over the last few months.|
|visits to this page|
Site location: Home