Friends of St.James' Park
Welcome to the Friends of St.James' Park website!
|Wed 24 Sep||Neonatal Support|
|Wed 24 Sep||Gardening Team|
|Wed 1 Oct||La Leche League GB|
|Fri 3 Oct||FREE Legal Advice|
|Sat 4 Oct||Crafty Saturday|
|Sun 5 Oct||History Public Talk #1|
|See Calendar page for weekly events|
|Click here for Latest News|
Updated: 6th September 2014
A BIG "THANK YOU"...!
Community Rallies Round
Despite the sad news of the break‑in at the ParkLife Café in July, and the loss of key summer sales while the damage was repaired, we were thrilled at the positive response from the local community. Shirley resident Joanne Craig very kindly set up a Just Giving page to support the Café, which raised an astonishing £1770. Further donations were also received from, among others:
|The Café is run by a Community Interest Company, ParkLife, set up by FoSJP. Any profits made go back into community‑based events and activities that are held in St.James' Park.|
- Shirley Infant School and Shirley Junior School, who organised ice cream sales;
- Foundry Lane Primary School, whose Year 2 organised a special collection;
- Shirley Methodist Church Summer Club;
- Individuals who came into the Café to make personal donations.
In total, £2400 was raised, which will be used to improve security for the Café building, to make day‑to‑day improvements to the Café for everyone, and to support further community projects in the Park.
|A huge "Thank You!" to everyone who helped to ensure the future of this wonderful community asset, and to the ParkLife Café staff and volunteers for all that they do in St.James' Park.|
STILL AN AWARD‑WINNING PARK!
St.James' Park awarded another Green Flag
|We're delighted to announce that, once again, St.James' Park has been awarded the prestigious Green Flag Award. Judging takes place every two years, and following the original award in July 2012, this confirms that the Park is recognised as maintaining the high standards that are necessary to meet the award criteria.|
This award is a testament to the ongoing work by, and partnerships between:
- the FoSJP Gardening Team who work hard to keep the Park looking so lovely, with help from Southampton City Council;
- the ParkLife Café staff and volunteers in providing a Community Café and Community Room whilst building and maintaining relationships with the Council, community groups, and visitors to the Park;
- the various groups which use the Park to provide community services and learning opportunities;
- Friends of St.James' Park and everyone who supports them and uses the Park.
|Keep an eye on our Latest News section on this page, and our regularly updated Calendar and News pages, to keep track of all that's happening at St.James' Park. Also check the noticeboards at St.James' Park - by the SE and NW Entrances and outside the ParkLife Café.|
Updated: 13th September 2014
The ParkLife Café is re‑launching its Honesty Soup initiative on Monday 22nd September.
|FREE Legal Advice Clinic
Another FREE legal advice clinic was held on Friday 5th September - the next is on Friday 3rd October.
FoSJP ran another FREE craft session on Saturday 6th September; the next is on Saturday 4th October.
|Bike Doctor at the Park
Another bicycle maintenance session was held on Saturday 13th September; the next is on Saturday 11th October.
Summer Tuesday evening training sessions have now finished, but more FREE sessions are being planned.
|FREE Dog Microchipping
Dogs Trust ran a FREE dog microchipping session at St.James' Park on Thursday 7th August.
|Visit our News page to catch up on news and events in and around the Park over the last few months.|
|visits to this page|
Site location: Home